Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trixie Pillows


Recently, while perusing Etsy, I came across this shop:


I instanly fell in love with a couple of her printed panels. It took forever, but I narrowed my purchase down to these two designs:




Look at that French script and butterflies! Absolutely gorgeous!





And the Union Jack - in un-traditional colours, but perfect for my living room!




After giving the panels a wash, I  turned them into pillows by creating envelope pillows using a natural coloured muslin as the backing.


I really like the Union Jack (I am partial to all things Britain!), but the butterfly pillow is just so colourful and eye-catching.  I am sure it won't be long before an order more stuff from this lovely Etsy shop!

Thanks for the visit!  Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.  And PLEASE become a FOLLOWER.  I'd love that!!

8 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous--love the butterfly pillow especially!
    Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The butterflies are AMAZING!!!!
    BTW, my following you now :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at The DIY Dreamer!!

    You should come over today, there's a giveaway that's live right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows turned out great! I'll have to head over to that shop. I'm itching to start another sewing project.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely customised cushions ! Love the union jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pillows and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping back to say that you are featured on Share the Love Wednesday this week! Grab a feature button! Thanks again for this fab linkup!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!! I think I like the union jack best, but that's tough to say. They are both so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up!! I'll be featuring you tomorrow (or, really, later today!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love both of those pillows! That is such an idea to turn a fabric panel into a pillowcase! Definitely going to add her etsy shop to my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!