Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

At the Door.....

My front entrance needed a little pick-me-up.  I had been churning some ideas around in my head for a few weeks and I finally made the decision when I was able to pick up these 6-inch letters for  one dollar each at a local discount store.

Can you guess what they spell?  Take another look as I spray paint them Antique White.
Got it yet??
Yep.  There it is.  That's a good greeting for the front entryway, right?
And here is where it hangs:
I'd seen this somewhere on Pinterest months ago only the homeowner had use the words, "Shoes Off Please."  My word feels a little warmer - a little more "WELCOMING." 
I spruced up the area with a new silk flower arrangement, too.  I stuck with cream and pale green, and accented with a few sticks and a rusty metal star decoration.
Here is the whole area, lit by the sunshine that streamed through the windows today while snow whirled through the air.  It was a wonderful day to do "home-making" type things inside our cozy home.  
Thanks for coming for a visit.  I'd love to hear what you think of my spruced up foyer.  Comments are always welcome.  And you know, I'm always looking for a few new FOLLOWERS!

21 comments:

  1. Hi thankyou for popping over to my blog and for your comments,i reall apreciate them
    I love your "welcome " message and your hallway xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bronwyn....saw your name and became your new linky follower. My Mums family is Welsh and we have Blodwens in our brood. So cool to see another Welsh name in the mix! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the little metal stars in the container! I am a star fan :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these letters, so effective and welcoming ha ha! Would like to do this so need to source some plain letters over here. Thanks for linking up to #pinaddicts! Will try and find you on Pinterest now x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How effective, and what a bargain those letters were. I'll bet it makes you smile every time you walk through your front door and see the sign now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - its gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to our PinAddicts challenge!! see you next month over @MelkshamMum x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, and really finishes off the space. Isn't it amazing what a difference some letters can make x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so charming, Bronwyn! I'm all about a warm welcome at the front door, too! Thanks for your sweet comment about my hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute and very welcoming. not a bad price at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute, cute idea!! Visiting from Sunday's Best Party! Drop by my blog sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your entrance looks great, Bronwyn!
    I'm now L following you - looking forward to see more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks Great- Love it and very warming welcome indeed! Saw you over at Creative Spark! I am a new Follower, feel free to stop over my way! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!!!! I think I'm going to cut part of my wall so that I can have a beautiful ledge too... where I can put Welcome!! I love it that much! hehe :)

    Thanks for linking up at The DIY Dreamer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clicked over from DIY Dreamer. I SO want to put a sign at my front door that says "Shoes Off!" but don't know how to say that nicely! LOL I also followed you on Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so much live the welcome there, I don't think I would of thought of that. Your entrance really looks nice. Very warm and welcoming! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How "Welcoming"! I adore these! I am hosting my first link party today, and would love for you to add this, and anything else you like!

    http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-1.html

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute!! I have the perfect area in my entryway for this!! Very creative! Thanks so much for linking this up with Mop It Up Mondays at i should be mopping the floor last week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very hospitable and inviting. What a warm way to welcome guests in your home.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to the Share the Love Wednesday link party at Very Merry Vintage Style!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!