Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

This + That =_________

I have had both of these items lying around for ages. Yes - the frame often becomes part of my vignettes. And the bulletin board has had random magazine tear sheets plastered on it for months. But it was time to do something about of this wishy-washiness!
The frame has lovely detail, but was a little to "golden' for me. And cork-coloured cork - BORING! Once again - SPRAY PAINT to the RESCUE!!
Ta-da! Now that is a makeover!
I think I may own every colour of spray paint you can buy at the Home Depot, but this has got to be one of my favourites! It's bright enough to add some zing, but gentle enough to not overpower the carving detail on the frame.
And the cork board - it got a couple of coats of antique white. Much cleaner looking now - and a much more friendly colour for displaying my daughter's many art projects!!


Thanks for popping by! Please leave a comment and PRETTY PLEASE - will you BECOME A FOLLOWER!??

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for displaying kids artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~~ Like this idea. Thanks for sharing~
    Happy Weekend
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I consider myself artsy and crafty...but have never though of something like this....great for playroom or kids room to display their art!

    S.T.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!