Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Bookshelf - A Few of My Favourite Things

I hate dusting. I usually save it for a special occasion.  Hee,hee.  However, this weekend,  I decided to change things up a bit and hit the bookshelf in my Living Room for no reason at all!! (Okay - there was reason - my shelves were starting to look grey-ish with dust!!)

Of course, because I had to take everything off the shelves, I took special care in re-arranging them all as I put them back. I took some shots of my favourite things after all was said and done.  

After Christmas, I needed some low-colour, restful , decor for my front room. I switched a lot of the colourful, sparkly items out for low-key white and cream.  

At the top pf the bookshelf went a few of my white pitchers and a milk glass bowl.    

Books add some much warmth to a home - I used several here.

I have often thought of painting or wallpapering the back of my bookshelf - but I always come back to the simplicity of the solid wood behind all of my "objet d'art."  
My in-laws gave me  this set of flower vases for my birthday last year.  I love the script on them.  
I found this in a little gift shop a few summers back on a weekend away, just hubby and me.  I was just about to have our third child and we couldn't have felt more blessed!
This is a stack of my hubby's travel and wine books.  He had read each of them several times, but never tires of them.  They need to be kept close by!
We are off on our 3rd trip to Europe together this summer.  Hubby has been to UK only once before - this will be my 4th trip.  I love it there and I am so eager to return.  Our travel guides have been well-read already and we don't leave until August!
I am not sure what to call this "rose-covered thing."  I bought it years ago at a discount decor store.  Its little porcelain roses caught my eye. 


I guess the dusting was worth it.  I got to pay a visit to some of my favourite things.  I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Please leave a comment - and become a FOLLOWER! I'd love a few more of those! 

10 comments:

  1. Awesome, B! And I love the new "headline" pictures on your blog! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bronwyn! So nice stopping by to visit with you and enjoy your bookshelf! So many lovely items there and arranged in such a pleasing way!

    Nice meeting you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your white things! I have a big wood shelf I'm debating whether to paint white...or some shade of white that looks good with white things on it!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookcase are decorated so pretty. Love the vase with the script, and sure wish I had them. The white in the bookcase really pops against the darker wood. did you get you owl form Homegoods? Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow a lot of blogs, but yours is beccoming a favorite! You are so creative and have a lovely family.LOVED the aqua and orange powder room. Loved it. Looking forward to all your new posts and even going all the way back to the oldest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S.T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you now and would love to have you come by and follow me. Thanks. Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you!! you got to go on vacation again! counting your blessings is one of my all time favorite sayings!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with the colour white! Your bookcase looks fab....

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty! Love the vases and the " Count Your Blessings" sign. As far as dusting... I must own stock in swifter dusters!! LOL!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!