Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ripples - TA-DA!

Hi there!  Do you like my new blog header?  I'd been wanting to change it for a long time, but just didn't know how to do it.  So last night, I downloaded "Smilebox" and created a collage.  Hubby helped me pop it on here - and I LOVE IT!!

Now...... onto the  TA-DA!!

I began this ripple baby blanket back in January.  After a week's work, this was how much I had completed:

I had hoped, at the time, to have it done by Valentine's Day - and you know what?  Success!  I crocheted the last row of edging  a whole week before!
So - what do you think?  My daughter loves it. She has already tried to claim it as her own on several occasions.  At almost six, she still cherishes the blanket she received as a infant.  It's on its last legs (even though my mother has mended and re-mended it several times) and I think she might be on the prowl for its replacement!
I would have loved to have made the blanket a little wider, but I ran out of the pink coloured yarn!  It is still plenty big to wrap a baby in, or to drape across the stroller on a chilly day.  
My stack of baby blankets and quilts continues to grow.  For awhile there, I couldn't keep up with the demand for hand-made baby things at a time when all of my friends were having their children.  Now most of us have completed our families and these cozies don't leave the house as often as they used to.  Oh well.  I just keep making them - I DO enjoy seeing the pile increase in  size!!
Thanks for coming by for a visit!  I'd love to hear from you!  And please, become a FOLLOWER!

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could crochet. I'd love to have you share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays link up! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bronwyn! What a beautiful blanket...no wonder your daughter loves it!!! I am making a crochet blanket similar to this pattern but more of a chevron style....its going to take me forever - its for my son's bed.

    I am your newest follower. Please come visit my blog and say hello. I love visitors and comments! Lets keep in touch with GFC and LF!

    Have a great weekend!

    Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket. I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blanket and its colors, but I like the second in the pile even more (the white granny square blanket). Very lovely!

    Liz@ www.howling-liz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the stack of blankets you've made. I'm learning to crochet- can't wait til I have my own pile:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! The colors are wonderful! It came out great. Thank you for linking to A Pinteresting Party this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your pic caught my eye at the Meet Me Monday Party, You're talking too much. It reminds me of the multi blue wave my mom crocheted me when I went away to college. It fits a twin bed perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty indeed. I love your fun color scheme choice. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love it! What great colors, too!

    I'm a new follower of your blog (I found you through Tutus & Tea Parties).

    Please feel free to check out my new blog, if you like. :-)
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love it!! SO pretty and the ripples are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!