Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Searching for "Pretty"

Today was dull and gray.  After work I needed a little pick-me-up that was easy on the wallet and high on excitement!  I had a hour before the kids needed to be picked up so I knew right away what I wanted to do - SHOP!!

Trying to keep the outing inexpensive, I hit the "vintage shop" first.  Look what I found lying in amongst all of the ugly old picture frames:
Isn't she lovely?  And she was $1.00!  Oh Yeah!  A few aisles later I grabbed this chunk of red and white cotton fabric.  So pretty- and a huge piece for $2.00!  I have plans for it already!!

These wreaths are new with tags  and are bout 8 inches across.  I think they may become the basis for my spring door wreath, stacked like a snowman and tied together with ribbon.   
And look at these!  I don't think they are vintage, but they are plain and simple.  I have been "pinning" a few things lately that use old spools.  Now I have the beginning of a collection for one of those projects.  
After my journey through the thrift shop was done, I headed to Michael's.  I still hadn't used a gift card from  my brother-in-law and sister-in-law from Christmas - so anything I bought at the craft store would be FREE!
In the theme bins I managed to nab a few more flowery baking cups.  My hubby estimates I have well over 1500 paper cups - ready for  more muffins or cupcakes then I'll EVER make! Maybe, but they sure are pretty!

This flowery bag was $1.50.  It is small but the perfect size for a small crochet project. Pretty!

And at the scrapbook store - what did I find there?  This is a new line of papers from Echo Park. Love, love, love!  
My daughter has an ugly orange cat-shaped piggy bank.   I can't stand it.  And I don't think she is big fan of it either. So when I came across this little piggy at the next stop, a discount decor store, I just HAD to buy it for her! Not only is he purple AND pretty.......

...he is also Polka-dotted!  Love it!
After picking up the kids, we headed home for dinner.  My primroses looked pretty darn good. Look at that awesome magenta colour.  

Because it was Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day!) we had these for supper:

Pumpkin Ginger Pancakes with delicious breakfast sausages. Mmmmm...  The perfect meal after an exciting shopping excursion!

Thanks for popping in! I'd love to hear what you think of my "treasures."  And please, become a FOLLOWER if you have liked what you have seen!



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that white frame, you almost don't have to do a thing! Thrift stores are soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty things, the best has got to be the red fabric and the polka dot piggy bank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always find good crafting deals at the thrift! Great finds and sounds like you had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super jealous you were able to find all those wooden spools! ;) These are fantastic finds! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful frame! Loving the paper cups. There are so many cute ones nowadays and a lot of crafts being made with them.

    Thanks for stopping by to link up for the party!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pretties!! I think I already told you this, but I bought the same baking cups!!! I just completely an art project with some of them! :)

    Thanks for linking up last Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!