Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Pink on the Porch for Christmas



Pink is my favourite colour.  However, I have never used it in my Christmas decorating before.  Up until now I have been a real traditionalist when it comes to Christmas - lots of red and green.  This year I am shaking it up a bit.  Still lots of red in my kitchen, but I have chosen to use pink in my living room and now on my front porch.

I took my 6 year old daughter shopping  for Christmas greens last weekend and came upon this pre-made urn filler in the garden centre. She and I immediately fell for the shiny pink baubles and we knew this pot was coming home with us  !!


While little lady played in the light dusting of snow we had last weekend, I got to work on our simple pink porch decor.  
The urn filler went right into a shabby white plant stand we received as wedding present 10 years ago.  

I had planned to use this grapevine tree as is, but at the last moment I wrapped it with faux greenery and lights and it became an outdoor Christmas tree  !


I fell in love with this pretty pink poodle paper (Say that 5 times fast!) at a discount decor store the other day and knew I wanted to incorporate it into our pink porch.


How about a pink package, complete with jungle bells stuck into the mailbox !!??

I spray painted this pine cone wreath last year.  This year it received a new bow - pink of course  !!


On a low, white thrift store table I added a bowl of pinecones and pink baubles.  Natural greenery adds some texture.  


Here's a shot of the three elements together at sundown...


Pink is perfect  on the porch!


 Hubby said it looked pretty.  Even he enjoys some pink in small doses!!


Bye for now,

Bronwyn


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I need to hire you to decorate my house. You do a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LoVe the pink!!!! Excellent choice :)
    By the way...thank you for the welcome back!
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your porch! I am a "pink" decorator too! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty in pink! I love how you arranged your porch decor.
    I work in a garden centre where we make urn fillers, tabletop greens arrangements and sell fresh greens. I've made my own urn, wreaths, etc and just love doing it!
    Saw you sharing at Diamond in the Stuff
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink brings a smile. It looks so lovely. I like that you used what you enjoy. I found this on Elizabeth and Co.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!