Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Christmas Quilt


Wow!  December 16th already!! Less than 10 days til the BIG day.

  Actually - we are trying not to make it all about the 25th. After all, so much festive fun can and will happen before and after that particular date.   

Our family is trying to savour these days and moments - baking, decorating, watching movies, doing puzzles.....The list goes on and on. And I love that so much of it happens at home with little or no cost and resulting in  tons of fun and laughter for all involved.  

Speaking of our cozy home...


This was one of my bigger Christmas  projects this year.  I really wanted to make a Christmas themed quilt that could be enjoyed this year then reappear for years to come.

I fell in love with this fabric and knew it would be the basis of my simple quilt.  
I didn't want to cut the fabric pieces too small for fear of losing too many of these cute little faces. So I went with a large strip and patchwork layout that was quick and easy.


I cut my 10"x10" fabric pieces into 5" squares then attached them together in long strips.


In between the patched strips I alternated in a solid piece of the elf/Santa fabric.  As an accent in between the patchwork and elf fabric strips I added these lines of red.  They added length as well as the look of candy cane stripes!


This little man couldn't wait for the quilt to be done.  For 3 evenings it sat partially finished in our family room, covered in pins because I was hand-sewing the binding on.
 It wasn't done AND IT HAD PINS ALL OVER IT!  A nightmare for my littlest boy!
But the second I completed it, he was the first to snuggle under it!


I'd say he was happy with the finished product!!


In fact, so was Hubby!!


I hope you are finding simple happiness in the everyday moments!

Hugs and love to all,

B.  


9 comments:

  1. This post just made my tummy flip with glee. :) Too sweet and cute you and your family are. Love, love, love big sis. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quit! I love the pops of blue and red together (one of my favorite combos). You did a great job!
    Wishing you a peaceful & joy filled Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea and it turned out so nice. I do understand why you made it--a quilt of love. I found this at Elizabeth and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Bronwyn! What a beautiful quilt! That will be a treasure to be enjoyed for years to come! You are such a talented woman! Did you get your package? Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year my friend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas fabric, and those are such cute photos of your two boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!