Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Greek Salad On a Stick

This past weekend I was in charge of bringing an appetizer to my hubby's family reunion in a nearby town.  I wanted to make something easy, elegant and portable.  

One of my favourite websites, Cooking With My Kid, has a ton of yummy pre-dinner treats and I picked one involving these ingredients:

Yessirreee - Greek Salad on a Stick!
To make everything fit on a standard toothpick, I found I had  to cut each item to a certain size.

1.) Grape tomatoes need to be cut in half.

2.) An English cucumber has to but cut into slices no thicker than 1/3" and then cut into half circles.

3.) Slice your feta cheese into rectangles 1/3" thick and approximately the same size as your cucumber slices. 

4.)  Start stacking!!

Cucumber + Feta

Cucumber + Feta+ Grape Tomato

Cucumber + Feta + Grape Tomato + Whole Black Olive


Done! 

Now wasn't that easy? 

 I think the rather large tray I made for the party lasted approximately 5 minutes!! In fact-  they never even made it outside - they were consumed quickly in the kitchen!!


My original plan was to drizzle some Greek dressing over the tray before they were served. However, the guests at the party found it just as easy to dip the sticks in the bowl of dressing left near the serving tray!!

I am definitely going to make these again!

12 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful - AND delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun are these! I just love Greek Salad so we'll have to make these. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look the perfect refreshing treat to take to a reunion! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so yummy and so simple... the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and so pretty! You are making me hungry Bronwyn! I am pinning this to make! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT idea!!! I LOVE Greek Salad.. never thought of putting it on a stick!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! My favorite things all together on a stick. These really are pretty!

    I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-and-smart-solutions.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm making this! Yum! What a great idea. I know I would gush if I saw these being brought out at a party. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinning this via Handy Andy party......I'd like to invite you to link up at CountryMommaCooks and enter our giveaway.......Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic - bet they went down a storm. Great post. I found this through the Create and Inspire linky party. I linked in a rhubarb and banana jam I did to use up old bananas.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great party/snack idea. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/07/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-24.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made these for my kiddos for lunch!!!
    I sprinkled dried oregano over the feta before adding the tomato & olive...
    They were INHALED within minutes!
    AND... the kiddos have asked when I am making them again!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    We too will be making these again and again and again.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!