Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Allie's Apron

My daughter was recently invited to one of her little friend's 5th birthday party.  I had plans to run out and buy something cute to give to Allie, but my daughter had other plans.
"Mom? Can you make something for Allie?" 
"Like what, Afton?"
"Can we sew something?"  (I like how she said "we." Little lady can't sew yet - what she really meant was, "Can I pick out the pretty stuff and you put it together?")

So we searched through my recently reorganized stash and came up with these materials.  Not a bad mix, eh?  


After cutting out the ONE pattern piece, I added some red ric rac trim near the bottom edge.  


On went some more ric rac around our pre-cut gingham heart. It's a nice edging between the 2 fabric patterns.   

Next step:  Binding trim around the whole thing.


Here's where we used the polka-dot ribbon - one tie on each side and 2 at the top.  


TA-DA!!!


Allie is now the proud owner of a Bronwyn & Afton Original Apron! 
Isn't it darling??
Now Allie can bake up a storm with Mommy-  and feel pretty doing it.

When we wrapped the apron we added a box of cake mix, sprinkles and some pretty cupcake liners.  Afton said Allie was ecstatic at receiving this baking-themed gift.  I'll have to keep this gift idea in mind for other little girls in our life.

Thanks for popping by!


P.S. Have you seen our New York City trip pictures yet?  If not,  you can find them here.

15 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift for a little girl! (Or a big girl, for that matter!) I love the red and white color scheme too. Nice job!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! That is so incredibly pretty Bronwyn! I love the colours your used and the ribbon for the ties is brilliant! When my daughter was younger we would often give little baking kits for birthday gifts and they were always well received! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love it and I can see why Allie liked it so much too :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That turned out great! I'm stopping by from the Monday Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable apron. I can imagine that was her favourite gift. My daughter would have loved it when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly pretty! I love gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute gift!! I love your fabric choices, color, ric-rac and ribbon. Stopping by from Fabric Bows linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/bow-pleated-purse.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This apron is adorable. Love it, and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Thanks for the great tutorial. I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally LOVE the apron!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable little apron! I'd like one for myself! I found you at Not Just a Housewife - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute,thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful apron! Is that damask pattern available anywhere still?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!