Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Pretty Wall of Plates

For almost 3 years now there has been some brownish, historical looking canvases hanging in the corner of our Living Room.  I love them, but it was time for a change!

Right now I am in the mood for a lightening and brightening throughout our whole home.  I've been painting furniture, changing drapes and selecting new accessories (More on that in the next few posts!).

Today I took this plain-looking corner as my latest "fix'er up" challenge:


Boring isn't it??!!

Well guess what?? Discount decor store to the rescue!!

My daughter has been taking part in "Craft Camp" at our local Michaels store so I have had plenty of time to peek around the shops in the area.  I found all of these plates within minutes of each other and I didn't pay more that $4.00 each for them.   Score! They were exactly what I needed to add some zest to the ho-hum corner of the Living Room.

To figure out the placement of my 6 plates, I laid them out on the hardwood floor (Hubby installed my floor.  Isn't it lovely??)

Once it was perfect I began adding the nails to the wall and the plate-hangers to the plates.  And up they went.

What a pretty mix, eh?  I love the  little spot of chartreuse mixed in with the deep rose and pale aqua. 


Oh! I am in LOVE with this little area of my home now!! Plates, pillows, butterflies, flowers and my reading lamp.  Could this get any better??

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that is SO pretty! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation, Bronwyn! Your corner looks so inviting now! Where did you end up finding the plates? They look like HomeSense finds to me :)

    My mission this summer is to fill some of the many empty spaces on our walls.

    Can't wait to see some more of the little tweaks you've been up to around the house!

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Bronwyn! I love the way it brightens your corner. I love the pattern you used... I'm a huge fan of hanging plates on the wall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the plates, pillows, butterflies, flowers make for a really great vignette. Perfect little corner now! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best - you help to make it a great par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab, I really like it. It looks so effective, amazing what a difference a few plates can make :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I love the colors and how you positioned the pieces. I'm coming over form a blog hop and am excited to be a new follower! Feel free to follow me back

    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is a gorgeous corner now! Fabulous! The plates you chose go together perfectly and you hung them so beautifully! You go girl! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plates! I'm doing something similar in my eat in kitchen area. Just need to find enough plates. Please join us at http://pjhdesignsoneofkind.blogspot.com for Totally Transformed Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it. where do you pick up the plate hangers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. the plates are darling and they look great on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I love those plates. So pretty. Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your collection! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love plate walls (we have a collection displayed too) and your colorful plates add so much personality to that charming corner. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!