Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A "Farm Fresh" Baby Quilt

October Afternoon is a scrapbooking paper company that I have loved for years.  I usually buy all of their products whenever I can get my hands on them!  So when I saw that October Afternoon had partnered with
Riley Blake Designs to turn their gorgeous paper patterns into cotton quilting fabric, I was over the moon!!

As soon as it was available I bought a charm pack of  "Farm Fresh."
Aren't these the cutest prints?


What goes best with sheep, horses, cows and fresh vegetables?  
RED  and WHITE  GINGHAM of course!!
I turned my charm pack squares into a checkerboard quilt top. This one turned out baby-sized - perfect for the crib, the pack'n'play or as a play mat on the floor or grass.  

Here is my first baby (who is already 7 and a half!!) modelling my latest creation.  He doesn't often volunteer to be part of my crafty photo shoots, so when he stepped up, I shot as many pics as I could!!

Looks cozy, doesn't it??

TA-DA!!
Here she is in all her  glory:


I bought some additional yardage in a matching print to add a  border around the checkerboard to  make the quilt slightly larger.  

Some white ric-rac adds a row of interest between the squares and the border, too.  



And here is the lucky  mommy-to-be, Andrea.  Baby Eastman is scheduled to arrive in less than 2 weeks.  



If I was wagering a guess, I am predicting a boy for this dear friend.  I guess time will tell......

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so cute! The red and white gingham is perfect with it!!!
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab, and such great colours for either a girl or a boy :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! LOVE THE FABRICS, love the rick rack, everything about it, it's perfect! Great Job Bronwyn!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xo P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable fabric! And what a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a beautiful heirloom! Your friend is so lucky to receive this beautiful handmade gift Bronwyn! You are so lovely to give your friend such an amazing gift! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look cosy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one lucky baby! It's a beautiful quilt. Nothing like homemade and made from the heart. Thanks for joining my party!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable baby quilt! And I love the border fabric too...the sheep are just too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabrics you chose. I’m so glad you linked this up at One Creative Weekend! I love it! I hope to see you back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with this quilt! I wish so bad I could sew. The machine and I just don't get along at the moment. One day...

    Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabric--what a fun quilt. And you have one handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!