Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My New OLD Lantern

We moved into our newly-built home just over 3 years ago. Of course, the builder included the UGLIEST light fixtures throughout the house. So, I am constantly on the prowl for lovely new light fixtures to replace the old. At this point, I have replaced 17 of 21 fixtures. I am getting SO CLOSE to being done!

Recently, I stopped by the ReStore for Habitat for Humanity in the small town where I grew up while visiting my mother. I never know what I am going to find there, but this time I SCORED:

Okay. In this state, it's pretty ugly. Actually, it is probably uglier than the glass ball currently hanging in my laundry room. But I looked deeper and saw some potential.
And look at that PRICE! Even if didn't work out, I hadn't wasted a ton of $$$$.

Now, we all know what a can of spray paint can do and I was hoping it could work its magic on my wooden lantern.
Ta-da! So what do you think? Not bad for $15.00, eh?? It's already hung in my pink laundry room - the next step in this room's transformation. I know - the bulb is kind of ugly, but I like the energy-saving bulbs. And really, when the lantern is on, there is just a sunny glow and you can't see the bulb anyways.
I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment and think about becoming a FOLLOWER!! I love logging in each day and seeing so many new friends stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. That is so charming! I love the transformation! I'll have to visit my local ReStore. I've never actually been, but I don't know why! It seems to be right up me alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great new look for your lantern. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lantern is beautiful! I would love for you to link up at our party http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinteresting-link-party-week-22.html

    I'm following along now and would love for you to check out my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!