Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Five on Friday: Photos From My Phone

Feeling a bit rushed today, but I really wanted to fit in a post for Amy's Love Made My Home linky party.

As usual, my "five" are pictures from my phone, captured during my daily routine at home and out and about.

Number One: My first pink poppy of 2015!  They seemed to be in bud forever, but finally one day this week they burst open and the tissue-y beauty broke forth!


Number Two: Gluten-free Shortbread made with almond flour and cornstarch.  They were delightful!  I'm never sure how a GF recipe will work out, but these were very well-received by my GF husband.  We've also decided to try our youngest son on on a GF diet to see if we can clear up a few health issues so I'll be baking GF a lot more  in the near future.  


Number Three:  Evenings on the deck, enjoying the sunshine and my furry companion.  


Number Four:  My newest stitching project - an image of several London landmarks.  I recently showed you my finished Paris stitching and now I have moved onto London.  I am hoping to stitch New York and rome, too, and create a stitched memory wall of places we have been.  


Number Five : Elderberry Cordial made by my mother.  She bottled several jars last summer and we enjoyed a few then, and have opened another for June 2015.  The kids like it mixed with plain water and ice and my hubby and I drink it with sodawater, lime and some fresh berries.  Very refreshing!



Thanks for popping by on this fine Friday.  I hope the weekend brings sun and warmth in your neck of the woods!

Much love to all,

XOXO

Bronwyn

18 comments:

  1. Nice five things this week. Your stitching looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great moments from your week, I like your phone photos! The shortbread looks delicious and I love your cross stitch too, very pretty!! The cordial sounds delicious!!! Thank you so much for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Your shortbread looks so pretty and yummy too. I would love to have an elderberry tree to make cordial. I so admire your stitching skills; it's so lovely. Happy Friday and my best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week, I am once again rejoicing in your food choices, the shortbread looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice five! My phone is my primary camera now. So easy to carry around and click away. And if I don't want to use the photos, I just delete. Granted, I do need to do a thorough clean-up on my phone. I have more than 4000 images on it. Oops! I love your furry friend. And the cross-stitching. Where did you find patterns for places? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely week! The pink poppy is just gorgeous and I love the cross stitch. Such a sweet idea! The elderberry cordial sounds so yummy. I have never tried anything like it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five lovely things to enjoy this week - your poppy is gorgeous as is your furry companion. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely five Bronwyn, I love your London landmarks stitching, it looks fab! That Poppy is so beautiful and the Elderflower cordial looks great too. I also love your little friend who is keeping you company 🐾. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures, Bronwyn! Your poppy is my favourite - I'm a sucker for an Oriental poppy - I've got lots in my garden :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How totally cool that elderberry cordial looks! I am quite completely smitten by those poppies. I have never planted poppies but hopefully next season I will set aside a space for them. I fear I missed this year already... Gosh, cross-stitch, I haven't done that for ages. Yours looks lovely!
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P
    #23 Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the prettiest poppy I think I have ever seen! And those gluten free shortbread cookies look scrumptious! Would love to try the elderberry cordial as well. Really nice Five!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. The GF shortbread looks delish and so sweet with those heart imprints.I love your city embroideries, I had a look at the Paris one too, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your pretty biscuits with the pattern on, a simple but effective idea. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty poppy they are one of my favourite flowers, the shortbread looks yummy. I'm thinking about making some elderflower cordial this year it will be a first but I think it's a lovely drink. Your cross stitch is looking good. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five absolute lovelies! I love the shortbread with the hearts embossed on Bronwyn. I hope the gluten free diet works out for everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your stitch project it looks great! I love London even though I've only been there twice.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Poppy, worth the wait, 5 lovely things xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love elderflower cordial. I have one bottle left from last year's harvest, the new flowers are just opening up. Your dog looks like a fun companion. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!