Back to work for me today after 2 glorious weeks off.
Here are a few things making my heart sing as I return to my classroom full of munchkins.....
1. This amazing 3D Ravensburger puzzle of the Eiffel Tower slowly coming together at our kitchen table. Each family member has spent some time on it and we hope to complete it tonight!
2. Dear old friends visiting all the way from Ireland. S & N are both university pals that we reconnected with when we ended up buying homes on the same street nearly 15 years ago. We've raised our kids together until they moved to Europe for S's work. We miss them terribly but are glad to see them twice a year. My daughter Afton loved her 48 hours with her bestie, Charlotte.
3. My current read - "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters. I love a good historical novel, and this one is astonishing! Just when I thought I had the story figured out, there was gigantic twist and I couldn't put it down. I hear that the BBC has recently made a TV serial of the story. I can't wait to watch it too!
4. I bought dearest hubby this cookbook for Christmas. We have used it constantly since then. Two favourites - "Curried Fish Pie" and "Winter's Night Chili." Not quick and easy, but well worth all the time spent infusing flavours and adding layers of ingredients.
5. A set of pom-pom makers - my new favourite crafting tool! Actually - the whole family loves it! My daughter has been making pompoms constantly and my youngest son likes to play with it because it can be transformed into a "spaceship" !
6. My mom was cleaning out her super-sized freezer and gave me a TON of frozen fruit. I brought it all home and started making jam. So far I've done a batch of rhubarb and a batch of peach. Next up - blackberry!
7. Winter has returned to our part of Canada. Actually - it's come back with a vengeance! An ice and snowstorm is expected tonight and we will get at least 5cm of snow a day for the next week.
The kids love it. I love it.
Bring it on!!
Thanks for visiting!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Please leave a comment - I LOVE THOSE!!