Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Dresden Pillow in Shades of Green


I have long admired images like these . . . . .



.....of the traditional quilt design called the "Dresden Plate."
I had no idea how the pie-sliced pieces went together but was glad to find  THIS  tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  

Step by step it takes you through the completion of a Dresden Plate quilt square.  

I chose these green and cream shades to cut my 20 pie/plate slices.  
They match wonderfully with my living room couch- after all -that's where my pillow was ending up!!


After about an hour of cutting, stitching  and ironing my Dresden was starting to emerge . . . . . 


And  then in went the matching centre circle.  Truthfully, I found this the hardest part!!


Sewn onto  some natural muslin, my shades-of-green Dresden plate made a lovely new pillow for my  cozy couch in our living room.  


I've had a busy weekend here at home - sewing, painting and re-freshing. 
 I have so much  to share in upcoming posts including the purchase of a new large piece of furniture along the lines of these :


Can't wait to share.....

Hugs,

B.  

12 comments:

  1. So pretty, Bronwyn...I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! I, too, want to make a dresden plate pillow - now yours is extra inspiration for me!! I shall make one in 2013 - this shall be the year of the dresden plate ;o) Exciting stuff, J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. I'd love to learn how to do patchwork. Do you know of any good books that would help me start? Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gorgeous! This totally caught my eye at A Diamond in the Stuff, since I'm rather addicted at the moment to embellishing pillows!

    If you're interested, I have a "Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday" party happening over on Kammy's Korner! It's not a new party or anything, but would love some "new blood". :)

    Can't wait to see what you do with a hutch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors that you chose. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought 3 old quilts this summer, tattered and worn, and one of them was this pattern.
    I want to make some pillows for my settee, once that is complete!

    Your pillow is lovely. Green is my favorite color. All shades. :) via CLH, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pillows!! Love them!! Stopping by from Sugar and Dots linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely cushion. I'm planning on teaching myself to make one soon.
    Leigh
    Come check out my blog
    www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That that sure is pretty! Stopping by from the Best DIY Project of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, I've always wanted to make a Dresden pattern, and now your encourage me to. I watched the video! Love your pillows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!