Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Foam + Fabric = ______

Sometimes I am sure my hubby thinks I am nuts!  

"Look, hunny! I bought these 6" pieces of fabric so that I can tear them up and wrap  them around styrofoam balls!"

"Okay, B.  Whatever makes you happy, however strange it is...."

I grabbed these lovelies at a local fabric shop while out on a day of shopping with my mom.  I told here what I was doing- and she thought the idea was wonderful.  Mom gets it.  After all- she taught me how to CRAFT!!


I had a ton of these balls  leftover from a project I did before Christmas.  
Here:


I had "pinned" several versions of fabric balls, but my favourites were always the ones with a mix of fabrics and a vintage vibe. 

So when I was done, I was very pleased with how mine had turned out: 

Some covered in fabric, some twisted with yarn, some covered in twine.  And just of mix of subtle greens, pale blues and cream.  
I found the basket for a steal months ago when I first began planning this project.   I love how it is low and wide and my balls fill it easily and create a small "mountain" effect.  
And this is where they will live.  The table (a $2.00 garage sale find that worked perfectly beside my couch!) was bare up until today, but this little basket of action has jazzed it up quite nicely!

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just came over from Clean and Scentsible because I totally love your project. It looks nice and you can change the color in thrue the year depending the seasons. Love it.

    Marieke from Netherlands
    www.gewoonmarieke.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE 'EM!!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a fabulous idea! I am going to do this for our bedroom! :-) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! Beautiful colors and the yarn is a great idea! Loving the basket, too!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to link up for Functional Friday!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! I'm putting this on my to-do list! :)

    Emily @52mantels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric balls have been featured for Functional Friday!

    I just had to share them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!