Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Stitch in Time....

I found this Etsy shop while reading through posts on my Blog List.  I love that I can find new ideas and craft inspiration by simply visiting another crafty person's blog and seeing what they are up to.

Charlotte is a designer specializing in embroidery patterns.  You can buy PDFs of her work or you can purchase pre-printed panels just like the one I am working one here.  
I haven't embroidered in years - we're talking 20 years!! I haven't stitched anything like this since my mother first taught me to do it back when I was still in elementary school.  
Funny, even though years have passed I can still hear my mother saying, "Make small stitches!"
Are these small enough??

I really like the sentiments that Charlotte has incorporated into her design.  Stitching over the words adds an emphasis and texture, hopefully catching anyone's eye.   


I placed it in a black frame and I plan on adding it to the gallery wall grouping in  our Family Room.    
See my lovely new jug and saucer set??  I fell in love with it at the local Goodwill and I had to have it! I figure I could swing the $1.99!!

5 comments:

  1. One word......BEAUTIFUL!!! S.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have wanted to try embroidery lately...just haven't gotten around to it yet. This is lovely!

    Thanks for sharing at A Pinteresting Party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cam over from Craft Envy, and love your embroidery! Like you, I like to crochet, too. I am a new Linky follower, and I hope you will follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!