Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

From One Teacher to Three Others....

As the school year draws to a close, I am always challenged with what to buy the kids' teachers as a thank-you gift.  We have been lucky again this year - A and B have ADORED their teachers, so of course I want my year-end gift to reflect that.  
As a teacher myself, I'll admit, I have been given some real dud presents at the end of year - including used lipstick and a pack of maxi pads.  Really!  But there have been other, fabulous, well thought out gifts from many a child and parent, too.  Cost is never a factor - something simple and free can turn out to be the best gift of all!
I know I am counting the minutes til our summer vacation starts (2 days!!!) and I am sure so are my kids' teachers. So to celebrate their upcoming period of relaxation I have put together a gift that will allow the teachers to sit and chill out, and not worry about lesson plans, yard duties and parental phone calls. 

Instead - iced tea for on the deck or porch, a magazine with nothing but useless information, some newly downloaded tunes and a pretty polish to decorate summer toes.  
Once these items had been purchased I thought long and hard about how I wanted to wrap them.  Something pretty, but artsy and cute, too.

My daughter helped me stamp 3 large pieces of kraft paper with different images.  Cute bird, eh?

Then I folded the kraft paper into a large envelope shape, securing the edges with some 2-sided tape. 


To help the paper hold its envelope shape, I zipped around the edges with a straight stitch on my sewing machine.  it adds a little texture, too.


In goes the gift-- fastened together with a little clear tape.  


For the final detail, I added a little bow on the flap of each of the envelopes.  
Red bow, blue butterflies:

Purple bow, pink birds:

There we go.  Done and done.  I really think the teachers will love these gifts (and the wrapping, too!)  


Truthfully, I'd love to receive these from anyone of MY students!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't know who wouldn't want to receive one of those gifts...it has a little bit of everything and is so very thoughtful! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea for a teacher gift. Giving them a gift of relaxation is probably the best gift of all at the end of a hectic school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute post. I have a Blog Hop and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a teacher myself, I know that I would really and truly appreciate that gift... the gift of relaxation. Perfect!
    Happy summer break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cute! I am a dork so I probably just can't find it but do you have the "follow me by email" sign up? I don't want to miss the goodness!

    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now these are wonderful - so cute! What a fantastic idea - I'll have to share this with my daughter! I am your newest follower,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun gift with so many great elements to it! I'm a sucker for fluff magazines when I pop into Costco. I always love getting a gift basket that has been assembled by the gift giver instead of something pre-made. Each piece reflects so much thought for what the recipient would enjoy :)

    I have to say your dud gifts trump any that I ever received! I'm sure there's more of a story behind the used lipstick etc. ;)

    Enjoy the first weekend of your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifts...love your packaging too!
    Thank you for linking up to our Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!