Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday - Pictures That Captured my Joy This week

Just a quick post today - one that I am actually putting together on my lunch break!
 
I pulled all of these pictures off of my phone and each and every one has helped me remember something that made me smile during the past week.
 
 
Number 1 :  Picking up my non-fat, decaf, skinny vanilla latte at the Starbucks Drive-thru and having my name spelled perfectly on the cup.  This NEVER happens!!
 
 
 
Number 2 : Starting a new stitching project as a reminder of our days in Paris last summer.  I bought the pattern from this little Etsy shop and I already look forward to stitching London and New York when I have completed my Parisian scene.
 
 
 
If you haven't tried them, you need to do so. Now. 
.
 
Number 4 : Sunshine and Snowman mugs - in three successive sizes, 2 boys and 1 girl.  They couldn't be any more perfect for my 3 little ones!  (Thank-you Target.)
 



Number 5 :  Coffee breaks.  I took a couple yesterday when I was home with an ailing 10-year old.  He could barely eat, so I filled in for him!  Made some yummy Banana Oatmeal Bread and pared it with creamy coffee whenever I could. 

 
Thanks for popping by today.
 
I wish you all a wonderful weekend. 
 My sister is visiting and I am hoping to include her in some kind of family adventure tomorrow. 
 
I'll keep you posted!
 
 
 
XOXO,
 
 
Bronwyn

17 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Paris cross stitch. And the snowmen mugs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I haven't x-stitched in years. I am glad to be back at it!

      Delete
  2. The cross-stitch looks like it's going to be a good one - looking forward to seeing London and New York! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get Paris done this week and then take the London one with us when we go there the week after. Hopefully it will be done by the end of March, too!

      Delete
  3. Great pics to capture those moments that make us happy. Loving those mugs! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. I definitely keep my camera busy!!

      Delete
  4. Those mugs are adorable! Thanks for the overnight oats recipe, very tempted to give it a go. I've made different recipes and enjoyed them so adding chocolate can only improve them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate makes anything better if you ask me! The whole family adores these oats but I only make 3 servings each time. Each morning we have to take turns with who gets to eat them!!

      Delete
  5. I love the simple things in life. This post reminded me of my last one on Sunday which I called Sunday Smiles. There were so many simple things that brought a smile to my face that I had to share. Have a lovely weekend with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the simplest things that make us happy, right Vicky? And I want to remember them all! : ) My time with my sister was lovely - we ate, shopped and talked - just a sisters should!

      Delete
  6. The cross stitch is gorgeous! I will definitely have to try the banana oats, they look delicious. Haha! Your Starbucks order is the same as mine but with being a Lisa, I never have to worry about the spelling. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get back stitching as soon as I've replied to my bloggy friends! Try the oats - they are marvellous! By the way - my middle name is Lisa. My mother gave me an easier name to spell as a middle name just in case "BRONWYN" became too much of a pain as I grew up! :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry to be late stopping by. Five great things, especially having your name spelt correctly, so annoying when it is wrong isn't it. The little mugs are so cute aren't they!! Thank you so much for joining in, hope to see you again. I hope you are having a great weekend. xx oh, and please can I ask next time you join in that you link back to me - thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy. For sure - next time I'll link back. I totally forgot this time! Thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely little post! the chocolate brownie oats sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!