Welcome!

My name is Bronwyn and I am so glad you have stopped by for a visit. I hope you find joy and inspiration in everything you see here. I live with my family in a new, builder-grade townhome in a small city, even though my dream home would be a century old farmhouse in the countryside. Daily I strive to add warmth, "age," and character to our little home. I love to knit, crochet, sew, decorate, bake and go thrift shopping. These are all a wonderful release after my three small children are off to bed each evening. Thankfully, I have a patient and understanding husband, Kevin, who allows me to bring all kinds of crazy things into our home in the the name of "creativity."

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Little Projects Around the House

I have been on a leave of absence from work since my father passed away nearly 3 weeks ago. I spend everyday doing the same thing - no need to list things here- what would you been doing if you lost your father?? :)

In order to get back to being me, I have made time each day to get back to doing all the things I love to do. Up until my father's departure, I had been spending most of my weekends in Exeter helping my mom and spending time with Daddy. No time for frivolous, crafty things.

So now, with a bit of free-time, I have turned back into the crazy-crafter and added these small touches to our little home:

I had bought these animal alphabet cards at a yard sale way back when Bryn was a toddler. I never knew how to use them until one day, reading a blog I enjoy, I came across this idea:


Cards on a clothesline! I love it! The 2 rows perfectly fill the space above Camden's bunkbeds.

Everyday, Camden and I review the names of the animals. He is just so darn cute when he says "lellow goldflinch" instead of "yellow goldfinch!"

Awhile back, for Afton's tea party birthday, I spent hours making tissue paper pompom flowers to decorate our home. There was no way I was throwing them out afterwards. So this is where they have landed:

She now sleeps beneath a garden of posies, fit for a princess!

1 comment:

  1. Love them!!! What a great idea for the alphabet cards and I just love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!