Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Autumn Tablescape

Hi there everyone.  So glad to see a few more followers around here lately.  Thanks so much for joining me on my blogging journey!

Speaking of journeys...our family participated in an important one this past weekend.  
My father passed away from ALS 18 months ago at the young age of 63.  Some ALS patients live for 25 years after diagnosis.  My father wasn't as lucky.  From diagnosis to his journey to heaven was less than 8 months.  
To remember him, and to keep his spirit alive, we have participated in the Walk for ALS, hoping to raise lots of $$$ for families who are still struggling with ALS in their lives.  "TeamDoug" (that was my dad's name) raised more than $1000  for the cause this year.  

Here are some shots of the day- all of us dressed in the ALS colour, purple - which also happened to be my father's favourite colour, too.  

Miss you everyday, Daddy!


Now onto the tablescape....


Earlier in the week I showed you this tumbler patchwork table runner that I made as a jumping off point for my fall decor in the dining room.  

After a few visits to the thrift store I decided to add some pewter to my arrangement, too.   I love how the tarnished look of the silver adds warmth to the pieces. 


Up on the pedestal (which was sponge-painted green and burgundy before I hit it with pewter spray paint!) I placed a few faux gourds from Michaels and a real white mini-pumpkin.  


On the lower tray I tried to mix textures and shapes - vintage Bell jars, gourds and wooden elements.

Close-up you can see a jar of real acorns that my daughter and I collected from a family member's yard, large wooden acorns that I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby and a soft green gourd.  


In the other jar, I slid in some faux mini -gourds.  I wish I had bought more of these from Michaels.  Live and learn I guess...


Talk about a texture mix! These woven wooden balls look so striking against the soft colours of the table runner.  


Overall I rally like how this vignette turned out.  No orange or red here, but lots of autumn spirit anyways.  


Thanks for your visit! Please leave a comment- I love reading those...

And BECOME A FOLLOWER!   I really want to hit that 200 mark!! 

Hugs,

Bronwyn


6 comments:

  1. What an inspiring way to celebrate your Dad's memory. I'm sure he would be very proud of his family! Well done for raising so much moneyfor others who are affected by ALS.

    I thought that I was following you already, but I guess I was wrong! Now I'm #200!

    Your tablescape looks lovely! Anything that incorporates old mason jars is a hit with me :) I think I need to go collect some acorns since they're such a simple touch that adds a lot of impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how neat about helping others like that!!

    Love your tablescape- the pewter just seems to set everything off so pretty like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the softer colors of autumn, beautiful as always, Bronwyn.

    Your Dad would be so proud of all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you walk for ALS and your Dad!! Love your vignette. Something about acorns makes me smile! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I love it every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks great! I love your choice in fabrics for the runner. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. I hope we see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!